What is itIssTV’s very own chef Des Burke shows Natalie how to cook the perfect mother’s day present ‘Lamb Shanks’ on IssTV’s Friday Kitchen.
3 Lamb Shanks
1 Tin chopped tomatoes
1 Onion, roughly chopped
3 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
2 Sticks of celery, sliced
250ml Beef Stock
2 Large Baking Potatoes
Tbsp Tomato Puree
Glass red wine
Spoon redcurrant jelly
1. Brown the lamb evenly in a pan, then set aside.
2. Put the vegetables into the pan and brown well.
3. Add the bayleaf, thyme and tomato puree and cook out.
4. Pour over the red wine and reduce by half.
5. Add in the redcurrant Jelly and cook for 1 – 2 mins
6. Pour over the chopped tomatoes.
7. Put the jacket potatoes in the oven
8. Put the lamb back in the pot, cover with foil and bake for 1 ½ hours at 180c (gas mark 4).
9. Once cooked remove the lamb shank and keep warm, if the sauce is quite thin put over a medium flame and bring to the boil, simmer and reduce the sauce by half.
10. Serve hot with mash potato.
Friday Kitchen - On...